The Sun is the oldest source of energy. Can you think about the various tasks that were performed by your grandmother utilizing solar energy? You must have remembered savories were kept in sunlight to dehydrate them. Your mom used to keep pickles in the sunlight for further processing. Clothes, previously, were not dried in a dryer, but in sunlight. In the chilled winter, you must have sipped tea or coffee to feel the warmth of the sun’s rays. Now, the method of harnessing solar energy is flipped making it useful for powering up an entire space.
Solar power is that energy that is harnessed from sunlight. It is a renewable source of energy. After passing through the atmosphere on earth, infrared radiation and natural light reach the surface. The light and radiation that is present in the atmosphere are used by different mediums to make their own energy. A natural process of photosynthesis in plants is a common example to explain this.
For harnessing solar energy for residential and commercial purposes, solar panels are used. Solar panels convert solar energy into electricity. Some of the are in India that are designing, manufacturing, and delivering solar panels across the country.
Advantages of Solar Energy
Solar energy like any other natural form of energy provides various benefits to humans and the environment. They are discussed below.
- Cleaner Energy: Everyone is aware of the emissions that are released into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are the primary source of energy for generating electricity. Therefore, solar energy becomes a healthy alternative. It does not have any harmful impact on the health of people. Besides, life-threatening health issues that are created by fossil fuel burning do not remain a point of concern by using solar energy.
- Reliable Source: Now, solar energy can be stored by using solar batteries. Therefore, the problem of power cuts can be tackled with ease. Since solar energy is stored in the batteries, when there is a power cut, the electrical appliances of a residence or commercial space still function optimally. It makes solar power a reliable source of energy.
- Renewable Energy: Every country is looking for alternative sources of energy to save renewable sources of energy, such as fossil fuels. Thus, solar energy is an efficient and cost-effective method of saving natural resources. Plus, solar energy will continue to exist until the time sun exists on earth.
- Cheaper Source: There are various forms of renewable energies available for utilization by human beings. These various forms include hydro power, wind energy, and solar energy. However, when the costs are analyzed, solar energy is cheaper as compared to wind energy and hydropower. India has several wind and hydropower plants. However, solar energy is one of the most convenient options.
- Save on Monthly Electricity Bills: Solar panel installation would charge a decent amount of expenditure. But, once installed solar energy can save one a lot on their monthly expenditures. It is much cheaper than the regular electricity that one gets from the power grid system. Therefore, it becomes a cost-efficient energy alternative for the common folks.
On the Final Note
Some people condemn the fact that solar energy is a cheaper form of energy as the installation is expensive. However, they forget to admit a fact and that is the convenience offered by solar energy in the longer run.
It is, also argued, that solar energy is not viable on cloudy days. The performance might get down but does not vanish. One can get the from the leading-edge manufacturers designing advanced solar panel systems. They stand equally strong in all kinds of weather.
Before stepping back, one should think of the long-term benefits switching to solar energy can provide them.
For more interesting blogs Visit Fox Den Lane