Everyone loves tasty and hygienic food, whether homemade meals or online. A hygienic meal ensures good health and reduces the risk of foodborne illness. A tasty meal, on the other hand, triggers the release of hormones like serotonin and dopamine, making us happy. And a combination of both is enough to boost our mood and travelling spirit.
Getting a healthy meal while travelling seems complicated due to the monotonous food regime of pantries and local vendors. But here is some amazing news. Indian Railways has introduced e-catering portals to provide passengers with an amazing “food delivery on train” service. Online catering portals operate throughout the country, taking care of the dining needs of the passengers.
Order Nutritious Meals on Trains Using Online Catering Portals
E-catering apps have simplified online food delivery on trains with their following features.
Trusted Delivery of Food
Online railway food apps ensure trusted and timely delivery of food. After you have ordered the food and the train reaches the selected station, the delivery person approaches you right to your seat and delivers the food. Moreover, contactless delivery is also taken care of.
Huge Varieties of Food Items
Diverse culinary options can make your train ride more delightful. Luckily, e-catering portals take care of your food cravings and present you with a good range of food options to order on the train.
Here are some food options you can order on the train.
- North Indian cuisine: butter chicken, dal makhani, chole bhature, biryani, and paratha.
- South Indian cuisine: Idli, dosa, vada, sambar, and rasam are some of the delicious South Indian food options that can be ordered for train journeys.
- Chinese cuisine: Chinese food options such as noodles, fried rice, Manchurian, and spring rolls can be ordered from e-catering services.
- Beverages: E-catering services offer a variety of beverages, including tea, coffee, soft drinks, and juices.
- Regional cuisine: Depending on the route of your train journey, you may have the opportunity to order local cuisine. For example, if you’re travelling through Maharashtra, you can order vada pav or a misal pav.
- Jain Food: Food on Train apps offer pure Jain food cooked with strict rules and regulations like Jain Vada pav, Jain thali, Sev Tameta, Jain Lachko Dal, etc.
Advance Booking of Meals
Online train food platforms offer booking meals before boarding the train. Pre-booking of meals is possible from the conveniences of your home or office.
It also rescues you from the bland pantry car food service. Your pre-ordered meal will be delivered promptly to your seat.
Bulk Food Order
When travelling with friends or family, getting food becomes a concern. Carrying an extra bag of food seems complicated when travelling in a group. In this case, online railway food apps appear as the saviour.
Using online catering portals, you can order food for everyone in a group at a time by following these steps:
- Navigate to an online catering platform.
- Move to the “group order in train” tab.
- An enquiry form will open up. Fill in the required details.
- Proceed with the payment.
Tracking of Food Order
After ordering your favourite, you can stay updated on its preparation and arrival. For this, you can track the order using the order ID number. It keeps you updated about the food and saves you from unnecessary worries.
Add Cooking instructions
Why compromise with the taste of food on the train when you can get it as you like it? While ordering food from e-catering portals, you can add cooking instructions to meet your dining requirements.
Methods to Food Order on Train
Use an App or Website
- Open an e-catering service portal.
- Move to the “book food” tab.
- Proceed with a 10-digit PNR number or train number.
- Select the station where you want the food delivered.
- Explore the restaurant en route to the station.
- Choose the food items from the list.
- Move to the payment page. You can pay both online and offline via COD.
- You will receive an order ID number as soon as the order is accepted. You can track your food order status using the order ID number.
- As the train reaches the particular station, your food will be delivered to your seat by the delivery person.
Call the Customer Care Representative
You can order food by contacting the online food vendor’s customer care representative at 8102202203. Next, you’ll have to disclose your 10-digit PNR number.
With the introduction of online food delivery on trains, there is no need to worry about your food cravings. Online catering service providers break the monotony of substandard food in pantry cars, making the train journey more pleasant.
RailRestro has emerged as the most appreciated e-catering web app. It provides food services in more than 7000 trains in India. RailRestro has a dedicated customer helpline number to help you with your order at every step. It offers numerous amazing services like pre-booking meals, bulk food ordering, diverse food recipes, etc. If you want to make your train journey enjoyable and memorable for life, it is time to choose RailRestro.
Read More Articles On RailRestro