It happens all of the time consumers see an advertisement in the newspaper, or online, for a discount laser printer, and they rush to buy it without another thought. When the discount laser printer delivers at their door, they find that they have a product, that does not work with their computer, cannot be returned, and is simply of no use to them.
Before you look at the Holiday ads and buy a discount laser printer, go through the guide, written to help you buy printers from a reliable; that will work great with your equipment and for your needs. You may also end up saving some money when you do the purchase because you have the pertinent information.
- Buy printers which are compatible with your hardware. If you have a wireless device for example, then you need to buy accessories that can connect to the wireless device easily. If you have a desktop computer, then you require devices that easily plug into your system from a USB port.
- Ensure the gadget you will be using the equipment with has a USB port available to plug the device into.
- Having accessories that can do a little bit more than you need them to do will not actually be money well spent. If you will never be sending a fax then you do not require the gadget that is, capable of sending a fax. Ensure that you will use all the features listed, and shop for those versions of the equipment that have only the features you require.
- Owning a gadget that can copy and print is always an asset. You want to get an item that can perform both of these functions. You may not realize just how often you will use the copy and print buttons.
- When you locate a product at your favourite printer shop that you seem to like, check the kind of ink cartridges it uses. Sometimes the printer will be really, cheap because the replacement ink and toner are outrageously expensive. You also want to find out how hard it will be to find replacement cartridges near you. You have the option to order these items online. But if you run out of supplies and need to get some ink in a hurry, will there be a place within fifty miles of your location that sells it?
- Ensure that the warranty covers each and every part with repairs. Then find what you will have to do when your printer malfunctions and you need it repaired.
- Buy brands that you trust. Lenox, HP, and Canon, are just some of the big names that manufacture printers. You know these companies from the other devices you own. So, make purchases from companies that have already earned your respect and trust.
The Bottom Line
You need to have technical support available to you both online and offline. You should know that when you have problems with the printer and you will at a later time; there will be people there to help you resolve the issue to your satisfaction