is a fast-food chain that serves American Chinese cuisine. The restaurant is known for its delicious and convenient food, with a menu that has something for everyone. In this article, we will take a closer look at the Panda Express menu, including its various categories, popular items, and nutritional information.
Categories on the Menu
The Panda Express menu is divided into several categories, including entrees, sides, appetizers, and desserts. Each category has a range of options that can be customized to suit individual preferences. Here is a breakdown of the different categories on the Panda Express menu:
- Entrees: This category includes main dishes that are served with rice or noodles. Popular entrees include Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef, and Kung Pao Chicken.
- Sides: This category includes dishes that can be paired with entrees or ordered separately. Popular sides include Chow Mein, Fried Rice, and Egg Rolls.
- Appetizers: This category includes small dishes that can be enjoyed before or during the meal. Popular appetizers include Chicken Potstickers, Cream Cheese Rangoons, and Spring Rolls.
- Desserts: This category includes sweet treats that can be enjoyed after the meal. Popular desserts include Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Fortune Cookies, and Mandarin Orange Chicken.
Popular Items on the Menu
Panda Express is known for its flavorful dishes that are made using fresh ingredients and authentic recipes. Here are some of the most popular items on the Panda Express menu:
- Orange Chicken: This dish features crispy chicken that is coated in a tangy orange sauce. It is one of the most popular items on the menu and is a must-try for first-time visitors.
- Beijing Beef: This dish features crispy strips of beef that are tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. It is a popular choice for those who love a bit of heat in their food.
- Kung Pao Chicken: This dish features diced chicken that is stir-fried with vegetables and peanuts in a spicy sauce. It is a great option for those who enjoy a bit of crunch in their food.
- Chow Mein: This dish features noodles that are stir-fried with vegetables and a savory sauce. It is a popular side dish that can also be ordered as a main dish.
While Panda Express is known for its tasty food, it is important to keep in mind the nutritional information of the dishes. The restaurant offers a wide range of options that can fit into different dietary needs and preferences. Here is a breakdown of the nutritional information for some popular items on the Panda Express menu:
- Orange Chicken (1 serving): 500 calories, 23g protein, 51g carbs, 23g fat
- Beijing Beef (1 serving): 470 calories, 23g protein, 36g carbs, 26g fat
- Kung Pao Chicken (1 serving): 290 calories, 14g protein, 19g carbs, 17g fat
- Chow Mein (1 serving): 490 calories, 14g protein, 67g carbs, 19g fat
Panda Express allows customers to customize their orders to suit their preferences. This includes choosing the level of spiciness, adding extra sauce, and opting for a vegetarian or low-carb option.
Panda Express regularly offers special deals and promotions on their menu items. This includes limited-time offers, family packs, and catering options.
In addition to the nutritional information of individual dishes, Panda Express also offers a nutrition calculator on their website. This allows customers to calculate the nutritional content of their entire meal, including customizations.
Panda Express offers a range of beverage options, including soft drinks, teas, and lemonades. They also have a selection of bottled drinks and premium teas.
Panda Express offers several plant-based options, including Super Greens (a mix of kale, broccoli, and cabbage), Vegetable Spring Rolls, and the Eggplant Tofu dish.
Panda Express is transparent about allergen information and provides a list of ingredients for each dish on their website. They also have a list of menu items that are gluten-free or can be made gluten-free.
Panda Express is committed to sustainability efforts, including reducing their use of plastic and implementing energy-efficient practices in their restaurants. They also have a goal to source 100% of their palm oil from sustainable sources by 2021.
Regional Menu Items
In addition to their regular menu, Panda Express also offers regional menu items in select locations. These items are inspired by local cuisine and can vary from location to location. Examples include the Sichuan Hot Chicken in select Southern California locations and the Pacific Chili Shrimp in Hawaii.
Panda Express offers catering services for events and gatherings, with options for large groups and a variety of menu items. Catering orders can be placed online and picked up at a local restaurant.
Wok Smart Options
Panda Express offers Wok Smart options that are lower in calories, sodium, and fat. These options are marked with a special symbol on the menu and include dishes like Broccoli Beef and String Bean Chicken Breast.
Panda Express offers mobile ordering through their app, allowing customers to place orders and pay ahead of time. This can save time and reduce contact in-store.
Panda Express is committed to giving back to the community and has several programs in place to support education, disaster relief, and healthcare. They also have a program called Panda Cares, which supports children’s hospitals and other non-profit organizations.
Panda Express has expanded beyond the United States and now has locations in several countries, including Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia. The menu may vary slightly in different countries, but still offers the same delicious and convenient options.
In conclusion, the Panda Express menu offers a range of options for customers looking for quick and tasty American Chinese cuisine. With regional menu items, catering services, Wok Smart options, mobile ordering, and community giving programs, Panda Express is more than just a fast-food chain. Their commitment to sustainability, transparency, and giving back make them a popular choice for many customers.