Businesses using Instagram to promote their products, services, and offers now have a greater opportunity to market their products to a super-targeted audience. Backed by Facebook, Instagram recently launched its ad platform that integrates with Facebook’s amazing targeting capabilities and businesses are taking full advantage. Businesses know that users are viewing their news feeds. As a result, Instagrammers are 2.5 times more likely to click on newsfeed ads than ads on any other social media platform. So running Instagram ads opens up a world of opportunities for your business.
Mobile advertising has surpassed newspaper advertising for the first time in history, and businesses large and small alike are achieving measurable results with social media advertising. have already generated over half a billion in revenue and are projected to double within a year, proving that many business owners are putting their money where their mouth is.
More importantly, Instagram’s advertising platform is easy to use, fun, and bubbling with passionate and enthusiastic users. It has excellent metrics and is still affordable for small businesses. Integrating Instagram ads into your marketing mix is essential if you’re already advertising your products with social media ads or trying to build your list.
Here are five tips to consider before running an ad on Instagram to increase your business’s brand reach, engage your followers, or attract your target audience to your offer.
- Get the basics right Don’t forget to fill out your business profile and bio on your business Instagram account. Make sure to use a clean, crisp version of your company logo as your profile picture.
- Tell users why you’re on Instagram Since this is your business account, keep it business, not personal. Help users identify with your brand and make sure not to oversell.
- Start with a plan. Plan and strategize your Instagram (and all your social media) campaigns Create a calendar for implementation that leads to your goals. The number one reason businesses fail on social media is not having a plan, so do this before you randomly post or pay for traffic!
- Don’t let your hashtags be your voice. Instead, lend your business voice to your hashtags. Customize hashtags for branding purposes and daily postings, keeping them relevant and searchable Using hashtags is great, just make sure not to lose control and create too many in one post – deliver quality over quantity.
- Upgrade your look. Images are everything on so make sure your images and videos look great Savvy Instagram users want to look “cute” read “funny” or relate to something meaningful. Use apps and other photo/video tools to upgrade the look and feel of everything you post the business on Instagram. So running Instagram ads opens up a world of opportunities for your business.
Here are a few tips to consider when using Instagram to market your business online. If you need more ideas on how to add your own flair to your Instagram posts without being a designer or photographer – check out my 6 Instagram Hacks for Small Businesses.